Definition for the word Job.
- a specific piece of work required to be done as a duty or for a specific fee (noun)"estimates of the city's loss on that job ranged as high as a million dollars"
- a crime (especially a robbery) (noun)"the gang pulled off a bank job in St. Louis"
- invest at a risk (verb)
- the principal activity in your life that you do to earn money (noun)
- arranged for contracted work to be done by others (verb)
- a state of difficulty that needs to be resolved (noun)"it is always a job to contact him"
- a book in the Old Testament containing Job's pleas to God about his afflictions and God's reply (noun)
- a damaging piece of work (noun)"dry rot did the job of destroying the barn"
- a Jewish hero in the Old Testament who maintained his faith in God in spite of afflictions that tested him (noun)
- an object worked on; a result produced by working (noun)"he held the job in his left hand and worked on it with his right"
- any long-suffering person who withstands affliction without despairing (noun)
- a workplace; as in the expression `on the job' (noun)
- (computer science) a program application that may consist of several steps but is a single logical unit (noun)
- profit privately from public office and official business (verb)
- the performance of a piece of work (noun)"she did an outstanding job as Ophelia"
- the responsibility to do something (noun)"it is their job to print the truth"
- work occasionally (verb)"As a student I jobbed during the semester breaks"
Is Job a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Job is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Job a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Job in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Job. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.