Definition for the word Keys.
- a coral reef off the southern coast of Florida (noun)
- identify as in botany or biology, for example (verb)
- (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court (noun)"he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"
- any of 24 major or minor diatonic scales that provide the tonal framework for a piece of music (noun)
- United States lawyer and poet who wrote a poem after witnessing the British attack on Baltimore during the War of 1812; the poem was later set to music and entitled `The Star-Spangled Banner' (1779-1843) (noun)
- mechanical device used to wind another device that is driven by a spring (as a clock) (noun)
- the central building block at the top of an arch or vault (noun)
- serving as an essential component (adjective)
- a winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple (noun)
- a generic term for any device whose possession entitles the holder to a means of access (noun)"a safe-deposit box usually requires two keys to open it"
- a kilogram of a narcotic drug (noun)"they were carrying two keys of heroin"
- a lever (as in a keyboard) that actuates a mechanism when depressed (noun)
- a list of answers to a test (noun)"some students had stolen the key to the final exam"
- a list of words or phrases that explain symbols or abbreviations (noun)
- harmonize with or adjust to (verb)"key one's actions to the voters' prevailing attitude"
- metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the lock's mechanism can be rotated (noun)
- pitch of the voice (noun)"he spoke in a low key"
- provide with a key (verb)"We were keyed after the locks were changed in the building"
- regulate the musical pitch of (verb)
- something crucial for explaining (noun)"the key to development is economic integration"
- vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key (verb)"His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot"
Is Keys a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Keys is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Keys a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Keys in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Keys. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.