Yes, "National" is a valid word in Scrabble and is worth 8 points. Each letter in the word has a specific point value, which adds up to the total score. The letter N, A, T, I, O, N, A, and L are worth 1 point each. Therefore, if a player successfully uses the word "National" in their turn, they will earn 8 points in total. It is important to know the point value of each letter in Scrabble to be able to strategically use high-scoring words and win the game.
Definition for the word National.
- a person who owes allegiance to that nation (noun)
- inside the country (adjective)
- concerned with or applicable to or belonging to an entire nation or country (adjective)"the national government"
- limited to or in the interests of a particular nation (adjective)"national interests"
- owned or maintained for the public by the national government (adjective)"national parks"
- of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country"national hero"
- characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation"a national trait"
- of or relating to nationality"national origin"
Is National a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes National is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is National a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the National in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of National. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.