Perpendicular is indeed a valid Scrabble word, and it is worth 20 points. The letter P is worth 3 points, followed by the letters E, R, and P, each worth 1 point. The letters N and D are worth 1 and 2 points, respectively, and the letter I is worth 1 point. The letter C is worth 3 points, and the letters U, L, A, and R are each worth 1 point. Therefore, the total value of the word Perpendicular in Scrabble is 20 points.
Definition for the word Perpendicular.
- a Gothic style in 14th and 15th century England; characterized by vertical lines and a four-centered (Tudor) arch and fan vaulting (noun)
- a cord from which a metal weight is suspended pointing directly to the earth's center of gravity; used to determine the vertical from a given point (noun)
- at right angles to the plane of the horizon or a base line (adjective)"measure the perpendicular height"
- an extremely steep face (noun)
- a straight line at right angles to another line (noun)
- intersecting at or forming right angles (adjective)"the axes are perpendicular to each other"
- so steep as to be nearly veritcal (adjective)"the great perpendicular face of the cliff"
Is Perpendicular a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Perpendicular is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Perpendicular a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Perpendicular in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Perpendicular. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.