Definition for the word Quarter.
- pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him (verb)"in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes"
- one of four equal parts (noun)"a quarter of a pound"
- the rear part of a ship (noun)
- provide housing for (military personnel) (verb)
- a district of a city having some distinguishing character (noun)
- a fourth part of a year; three months (noun)"unemployment fell during the last quarter"
- an unspecified person (noun)"he dropped a word in the right quarter"
- a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds) (noun)
- a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds) (noun)
- a United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar (noun)"he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
- a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour (noun)"it's a quarter til 4"
- clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent (noun)"he surrendered but asked for quarter"
- divide by four; divide into quarters (verb)
- divide into quarters (verb)"quarter an apple"
- (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided (noun)"both teams scored in the first quarter"
- one of four periods into which the school year is divided (noun)"the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
- one of the four major division of the compass (noun)"the wind is coming from that quarter"
- piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp (noun)
Is Quarter a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Quarter is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Quarter a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Quarter in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Quarter. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.