Definition for the word Quiet.
- (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves (adjective)"the quiet waters of a lagoon"
- make calm or still (verb)"quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
- with little or no activity or no agitation (`quiet' is a nonstandard variant for `quietly') (adverb)"her hands rested quietly in her lap"
- a period of calm weather (noun)
- the absence of sound (noun)"the street was quiet"
- an untroubled state; free from disturbances (noun)
- a disposition free from stress or emotion (noun)
- in a softened tone (adjective)"a quiet reprimand"
- become quiet or quieter (verb)
- not showy or obtrusive (adjective)"clothes in quiet good taste"
- characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity (adjective)"a quiet life"
- free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound (adjective)"a quiet audience at the concert"
- (of the sun) characterized by a low level of surface phenomena, such as sunspots (adjective)
Is Quiet a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Quiet is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Quiet a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Quiet in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Quiet. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.