Water is indeed a valid Scrabble word worth 8 points. The letter W is worth 4 points, the letter A is worth 1 point, the letter T is worth 1 point, the letter E is worth 1 point, and the letter R is worth 1 point. Therefore, when playing Scrabble, it is acceptable to use the word "water" to gain points and potentially win the game.
Definition for the word Water.
- the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean) (noun)"they invaded our territorial waters"
- a facility that provides a source of water (noun)"the town debated the purification of the water supply"
- binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent (noun)
- liquid excretory product (noun)"the child had to make water"
- supply with water, as with channels or ditches or streams (verb)
- a liquid necessary for the life of most animals and plants (noun)"he asked for a drink of water"
- fill with tears (verb)"His eyes were watering"
- once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles) (noun)
- provide with water (verb)"We watered the buffalo"
- secrete or form water, as tears or saliva (verb)"My mouth watered at the prospect of a good dinner"
Is Water a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Water is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Water a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Water in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Water. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.