Definition for the word Well.
- in a manner affording benefit or advantage (adverb)"she married well"
- (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well') (adverb)"the children behaved well"
- indicating high probability; in all likelihood (adverb)"I might well do it"
- resulting favorably (adjective)"it is well that no one saw you"
- to a great extent or degree (adverb)"I'm afraid the film was well over budget"
- an abundant source (noun)"she was a well of information"
- with great or especially intimate knowledge (adverb)"we knew them well"
- come up, as of a liquid (verb)"Tears well in her eyes"
- in financial comfort (adverb)"They live well"
- a cavity or vessel used to contain liquid (noun)
- a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine (noun)
- an enclosed compartment in a ship or plane for holding something as e.g. fish or a plane's landing gear or for protecting something as e.g. a ship's pumps (noun)
- an open shaft through the floors of a building (as for a stairway) (noun)
- in good health especially after having suffered illness or injury (adjective)"appears to be entirely well"
- (used for emphasis or as an intensifier) entirely or fully (adverb)"a book well worth reading"
- wise or advantageous and hence advisable (adjective)"it would be well to start early"
- favorably; with approval"their neighbors spoke well of them"
- with skill or in a pleasing manner"she dances well"
- without unusual distress or resentment; with good humor"took the joke well"
Is Well a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Well is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Well a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Well in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Well. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.