White is a valid Scrabble word that is worth 11 points. The word is made up of the letters W, H, I, T, and E. In Scrabble, the letter W is worth 4 points, the letter H is worth 4 points, the letter I is worth 1 point, the letter T is worth 1 point, and the letter E is worth 1 point. Therefore, when you add up the points for each letter in White, you get a total of 11 points. So, if you have the letters W, H, I, T, and E in your Scrabble rack, you can use them to spell the word White and score 11 points.
Definition for the word White.
- a Caucasian (noun)
- United States writer noted for his humorous essays (1899-1985) (noun)
- United States architect (1853-1906) (noun)
- a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows southeastward through northern Arkansas and southern Missouri (noun)
- (usually in the plural) trousers made of flannel or gabardine or tweed or white cloth (noun)
- anemic looking from illness or emotion (adjective)"lips white with terror"
- restricted to whites only (adjective)"under segregation there were even white restrooms and white drinking fountains"
- marked by the presence of snow (adjective)"a white Christmas"
- the white part of an egg; the nutritive and protective gelatinous substance surrounding the yolk consisting mainly of albumin dissolved in water (noun)"she separated the whites from the yolks of several eggs"
- United States educator who in 1865 (with Ezra Cornell) founded Cornell University and served as its first president (1832-1918) (noun)
- turn white (verb)"This detergent will whiten your laundry"
- (of a surface) not written or printed on (adjective)"wide white margins"
- Australian writer (1912-1990) (noun)
- glowing white with heat (adjective)"white flames"
- the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black) (noun)
- United States jurist appointed chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1910 by President Taft; noted for his work on antitrust legislation (1845-1921) (noun)
- United States political journalist (1915-1986) (noun)
- (of hair) having lost its color (adjective)"the white hairs of old age"
- being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness; having little or no hue owing to reflection of almost all incident light (adjective)"as white as fresh snow"
- benevolent; without malicious intent (adjective)"that's white of you"
- (board games) the lighter pieces (noun)
- free from moral blemish or impurity; unsullied (adjective)"in shining white armor"
- (of coffee) having cream or milk added (adjective)
- of or belonging to a racial group having light skin coloration (adjective)"voting patterns within the white population"
- of summer nights in northern latitudes where the sun barely sets (adjective)"white nights"
Is White a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes White is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is White a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the White in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of White. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.