Wood is a valid Scrabble word worth 8 points. The letter W is worth 4 points, while the letters O and D are worth 1 and 2 points, respectively. Despite being a simple and common word, it can be strategically valuable in the game. Players can earn bonus points by placing the word on certain squares on the board or by using it in combination with other tiles to form longer words. Overall, Wood is a valid and useful word to have in a Scrabble game.
Definition for the word Wood.
- United States painter noted for works based on life in the Midwest (1892-1942) (noun)
- the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area (noun)
- United States film actress (1938-1981) (noun)
- any wind instrument other than the brass instruments (noun)
- English conductor (1869-1944) (noun)
- English writer of novels about murders and thefts and forgeries (1814-1887) (noun)
- a golf club with a long shaft used to hit long shots; originally made with a wooden head (noun)"metal woods are now standard"
- the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees (noun)
Is Wood a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Wood is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Wood a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Wood in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Wood. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.