Definition for the word Keeps.
- the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress (noun)
- maintain by writing regular records (verb)"keep a diary"
- conform one's action or practice to (verb)"keep appointments"
- continue a certain state, condition, or activity (verb)
- maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger (verb)"May God keep you"
- the financial means whereby one lives (noun)"each child was expected to pay for their keep"
- behave as expected during of holidays or rites (verb)
- prevent the action or expression of (verb)"keep your cool"
- stop (someone or something) from doing something or being in a certain state (verb)
- retain possession of (verb)"Can I keep my old stuffed animals?"
- supply with necessities and support (verb)"There's little to earn and many to keep"
- stick to correctly or closely (verb)"keep count"
- retain rights to (verb)"keep my job for me while I give birth"
- fail to spoil or rot (verb)"These potatoes keep for a long time"
- a cell in a jail or prison (noun)
- prevent (food) from rotting (verb)"keep potatoes fresh"
- cause to continue in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., `keep clean' (verb)"The students keep me on my toes"
- maintain for use and service (verb)"I keep a car in the countryside"
- allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature (verb)"The family's fortune waned and they could not keep their household staff"
- have as a supply (verb)"I always keep batteries in the freezer"
- hold and prevent from leaving (verb)
- look after; be the keeper of; have charge of (verb)"He keeps the shop when I am gone"
- raise (verb)"She keeps a few chickens in the yard"
- store or keep customarily (verb)"Where do you keep your gardening tools?"
- supply with room and board (verb)"He is keeping three women in the guest cottage"
Is Keeps a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Keeps is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Keeps a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Keeps in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Keeps. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.