Definition for the word Washes.
- the erosive process of washing away soil or gravel by water (as from a roadway) (noun)"from the house they watched the washout of their newly seeded lawn by the water"
- make moist (verb)
- the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller (noun)
- garments or white goods that can be cleaned by laundering (noun)
- cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water (verb)
- remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent (verb)"he washed the dirt from his coat"
- the work of cleansing (usually with soap and water) (noun)
- wash or flow against (verb)
- clean with some chemical process (verb)
- the dry bed of an intermittent stream (as at the bottom of a canyon) (noun)
- a watercolor made by applying a series of monochrome washes one over the other (noun)
- cleanse (one's body) with soap and water (verb)
- admit to testing or proof (verb)"This silly excuse won't wash in traffic court"
- any enterprise in which losses and gains cancel out (noun)"at the end of the year the accounting department showed that it was a wash"
- apply a thin coating of paint, metal, etc., to (verb)
- a thin coat of water-base paint (noun)
- be capable of being washed (verb)"Does this material wash?"
- form by erosion (verb)"The river washed a ravine into the mountainside"
- move by or as if by water (verb)"The swollen river washed away the footbridge"
- separate dirt or gravel from (precious minerals) (verb)
- to cleanse (itself or another animal) by licking (verb)"The cat washes several times a day"
Is Washes a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Washes is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Washes a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Washes in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Washes. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.