Definition for the word Independent.
- (of a clause) capable of standing syntactically alone as a complete sentence (adjective)"the main (or independent) clause in a complex sentence has at least a subject and a verb"
- (of political bodies) not controlled by outside forces (adjective)
- a neutral or uncommitted person (especially in politics) (noun)
- a writer or artist who sells services to different employers without a long-term contract with any of them (noun)
- free from external control and constraint (adjective)"an independent mind"
- not controlled by a party or interest group (adjective)
Is Independent a Valid Scrabble Word?
Yes Independent is a valid Scrabble word.
We hope this answered your question of "is Independent a valid Scrabble word?". Included is the definition, examples of the Independent in a sentence, and the Scrabble word values of Independent. If you have any suggestions for WordFinderPro let us know on our contact page. Scrabble words are referenced with the 2020 NASPA Word List.